Thursday, March 1, 2012

Another One for My Marthas, Strawberry Pie Made with Pie Weights

I want pie weights. I don't need them. I am not even sure what they are. But, they are so Williams and Sonoma-ish. Check them out weighing down this pie crust that is a soon-to-be a strawberry pie..



If I had pie weights, I'd make pie. If I had pie weights, I'd make lots of pies. It I had pie weights I'd make lots of good pies. I'm leaving now to go to Williams and Sonoma to buy pie weights. While, I'm gone, check out this strawberry pie recipe on www.sweetsandsavories.com/blog/, made with pie weights, which is what got me on the subject of pie weights this morning.

And, go ahead and subscribe to her blog. She's like this insane Martha cook. All you Martha gals will ADORE her. I do. See how good I am to my Martha peeps? Hooking you up with the latest in being a Martha. You do realize I mean Martha as in Mary and Martha, and not Martha Stewart, right?

Here's a preview of the strawberry pie that she used the pie weights with. I'm loving the little green sprig thing on top.



Oh, and I'm going to buy one of these too. 


It weighs your flour for your pie. 

I've never made a pie so I didn't know you needed to weigh your flour, and then weigh your crust. Get it? I know. I am hilarious

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up. If you didn't find your pie weights yesterday, I just might have to get you some for your birthday! And, I'll throw in a rolling pin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is your Martha peep by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.